"Eye of the Beholder" Virtual Art Exhibition
The Foundation Fighting Blindness is excited to announce the “Eye of the Beholder” virtual art exhibition! The exhibition began on September 1, 2022, and will extend through the end of the year.
"Eye of the Beholder" was initiated by two artists – both affected by a retinal disease, and who are very well aware of the significance of such a contribution. For some, our artwork is an important source of income; for all, it is a deeply personal pursuit.
Artists have generously donated their artwork for sale on our website. Take a tour of the galleries and visit an artist’s website if you want to view more of their portfolio. To learn how to submit your artwork, review the 'Call for Artists' information below.
All net proceeds from the sales on this site will be donated to the Foundation Fighting Blindness. You can purchase original artwork and at the same time help raise funds to fight blinding disease – we hope you choose to participate!
Call for Artists – 2022 Virtual Art Exhibition
The Foundation Fighting Blindness is the world’s leading private source for inherited retinal disease research funding – committed to driving research until the entire spectrum of blinding retinal diseases is eradicated.
After raising over $3,300 in 2021, we are excited to announce the 2nd annual “Eye of the Beholder” virtual art exhibition. It started on September 1, 2022, and will extend through the end of the year.
We are asking artists to donate artwork to be sold on our website. All proceeds from the sale of work in this non-juried exhibition will go to the Foundation and will be considered a donation toward the effort to treat and cure retinal degenerative diseases.
"Eye of the Beholder" was initiated by two artists – both affected by retinal disease, and who are very well aware of the significance of such a contribution. For some, our artwork is an important source of income; for all, it is a deeply personal pursuit.
Our intent is to give participating artists an opportunity to showcase their work, attract prospective buyers to their other work and to contribute to the efforts being led by the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Any work not sold remains the property of the artist and can be withdrawn from the exhibition, if the artist so chooses.
The Foundation will market this special event via social media and with emails to our substantial member base. We are asking affected artists to share their personal story about fighting a blinding disease and how that fight has either hindered or fueled their creative pursuits.
Your bio, artwork and website link (if applicable) will be posted on our website. There is no deadline to submit but the sooner artwork is submitted, the longer it will be displayed.
Our goal is to help creativity flourish and inspire our community through the arts by showcasing affected artists and collectively demonstrate the impact of blinding diseases.
This show is open to all artists but is intended to showcase artists affected by an inherited retinal disease – we hope you choose to participate!
Registration and Fee
- There is no fee to participate
- Limit of 3 entries per artist
- Only 1 image per artwork allowed
- All applications shall be submitted to EyeOfTheBeholder@FightingBlindness.org
- Include artist’s bio, email address, image files, image descriptions and website address, if applicable
- Provide title, measurements, medium and price for each image submitted
- 2D Artwork: includes, but not limited to paintings, drawings, prints, photography, collage, mixed media, etc.
- 3D Artwork: includes, but not limited to sculpture, glass, wood, clay, fiber, etc.
Requirements for All Artwork
- All entries must be original and not reproductions
- Entries must have been created within the last 5 years
- Images must be cropped to the work of art and not contain any borders, frames or background
- Image files must be .jpg or .png format
- Dimensions must be no smaller than 1280 pixels on the longest dimension at a resolution of 72 ppi (pixels per inch) minimum
- Works may be in any theme/subject
- Work of any medium on any surface will be accepted
Sale of Artwork
- Artwork will be for sale online
- Artists will be notified of a sale via email
- If the artwork sells, the artist agrees to drop it off at a local FedEx facility – the Foundation will provide a pre-printed FedEx shipping label
- If the artwork does not sell, the artist may choose to remove any or all work from the gallery or have it remain in next year’s exhibition
- Net sales proceeds will be donated to the Foundation Fighting Blindness
- This is a virtual/online show only – work will not be displayed in a physical space
- Artists will be notified via email of acceptance of submitted images
- You agree to have images of your artwork displayed on the Foundation‘s website and that the depicted works will be available for sale by the Foundation during the duration of the show
- The Foundation reserves the right to reject any artwork for any reason