The Foundation Fighting Blindness’ Grants and Awards Programs annually support basic, laboratory-based early translational, clinical studies, and pre-clinical research applicable to a broad range of inheritable retinal degenerative diseases. The goal is to find the causes, preventions, treatments, and cures for retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration, and the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases.
The Foundation has identified six (6) Research Priority Areas that align with our mission. Awards are made through a competitive funding mechanism. Only those proposals of the highest scientific merit that will advance the goals and objectives of the Foundation Fighting Blindness are considered for funding.
The Foundation encourages individuals and teams from all scientific disciplines that have ideas geared toward eliminating inherited retinal degenerative diseases to apply to a grant or award program.
The Foundation Fighting Blindness truly appreciates the support of our partners who help make these grants possible.
- George Gund Foundation
- Nixon Visions Foundation
- Diana Davis Spencer Foundation
- Free Family Foundation
- Neubauer Family Foundation
- Harrington Discover Institute
- Save Sight Now
- Fighting Blindness Canada
- The Max and Minnie Tomerlin Voelcker Fund
- Marjorie C Adams Charitable Trust
- Hope in Focus
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Anschutz Foundation
- George L. Orhstrom, Jr. Foundation
- The Hagedorn Fund
- The Sarah K. de Coizart Article TENTH Perpetual Charitable Trust
- Delta Gamma Foundation – Service for Sight
- Mabel H. Flory Charitable Trust
- The Chatlos Foundation, Inc.
- Vernon F. & Mae E. Thompson Charitable Foundation