The Foundation Fighting Blindness has one clear objective: accelerating research finding treatments and cures for blinding retinal diseases. These diseases, which affect more than 10 million Americans and millions more throughout the world, often lead to severe vision loss or complete blindness.
Working with preeminent scientists, the Foundation has funded breakthroughs in gene therapy, stem cells and bionic retinas. Over the past five decades, the Foundation has raised more than $856 million to fund research studies in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join us in our mission. Learn more about the job opportunities that are currently available at the Foundation.
Development Administrative Assistant
We are currently seeking a skilled and capable Development Administrative Assistant who will provide top notch clerical and operational support for 2 to 5 Major Gifts Officers and assist in the day-to-day activities of the Major Gifts department.
- Primarily a work-from-home position, with intermittent work in the Columbia, MD Office.
- Reporting to the SVP/Chief Development Officer
- Full-time, non-exempt (overtime eligible)
- Primarily M-F. Flexible Schedule: Some evenings and weekends required.
- Internet access is required; Technology allowance provided
The following are meant to be illustrative of the work and not meant to be an all-inclusive list:
- Calendar management and scheduling internal and external meetings, as necessary.
- Organize and participate in fundraising-related meetings (meeting invites, minutes, etc.).
- Assist in the coordination of mailings for major gift cultivation, stewardship, and solicitations.
- Review correspondence, gift acknowledgments, proposals, and printed materials for accuracy and clarity.
- In collaboration with the Major Gift Officers, develop and design promotional materials such as invitations and presentations.
- Track and oversee key deadlines: communicating with team of upcoming deadlines and maintaining within calendars.
- Assist in the identification and light research of prospects for major gift outreach.
- Capture latest information regarding donor’s interests, relationships, life events, and capacity for philanthropic giving; enter into the donor’s database record.
- Enter contact reports for the Executive and Senior Leadership teams as required.
- Perform data clean-up projects as assigned.
- Review weekly reports to ensure major gifts are recorded accurately and proposal stages are up to date.
- Provide back-up support to other Foundation admin staff
- Learn and stay current on all the Foundation’s programs, projects, and Science Education; and effectively communicate the mission and relevant activities to donors.
- 2+ years administrative experience in non-profit, supporting a development team preferred.
- Must be organized and meticulous. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); Experience in mail merge required
- Ability to work independently as well as a collaborator
- Reliable and be accountable for quality of work
- Ability to work flexible work week; willingness and ability to travel for meetings or conferences on occasion
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID; requires documentation of vaccinations
Please send resume with a brief cover letter to HR@fightblindness.org
We are one team collectively committed to driving research until the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases is eradicated. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as an incredibly dynamic team to work with! The Foundation Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunity employer.