Lindsey Blankenship, Chapter President
On Saturday, August 1, 2020, the Foundation Fighting Blindness held a free, public educational webinar symposium providing the latest information on retinal disease research and the latest in adaptive technology and low vision services in Colorado.
Research panelists included:
- Marc Mathias, M.D. from University of Colorado Eye Center
- Alan E. Kimura , M.D., M.P.H, from Colorado Retina Associates
- Dr Deanine Halliman, Director of Clinical Research & Medical Affairs from Applied Genetics Technology Corp., to discuss current human clinical trials
- Kelsey Zegar, M.S.,C.G.C .from Informed DNA to discuss genetic testing
Adaptive technology and low vision service panelists included reprensentatives from:
- Audio Information Network
- Center for People with Disabilities
- Colorado Center for the Blind
- Colorado Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Colorado Retina Associates
- Ensight Skills Center
- Techy Joe Computer Solutions and
- Tides Changing Therapy
This webinar will feature a discussion of the many ways gene therapies can be used to address retinal degenerative diseases as well as the latest updates on gene therapy research and clinical trials.
The Foundation Fighting Blindness is pleased to invite you to the upcoming Insights Forum, our quarterly conference call providing updates to the inherited retinal disease community. The focus of this call is to report progress on the Foundation’s mission-related initiatives, highlight recent developments and provide scientific and research updates.
Hope from Home: A United Night to Save Sight is an exciting and interactive virtual experience featuring incredible entertainment, amazing auction items, and the opportunity to connect with others from the comfort of your own home.
Participants from across the nation will join together virtually on Saturday, June 12th to show our united, unwavering commitment to the Foundation Fighting Blindness’ mission to search for treatments and cures for blinding retinal diseases.
Director, Chapter Engagemenet
+1 (417) 840-5577
Senior Director, Development
+1 (866) 782-7330