Gifts That Pay You Income
There are several ways you can donate to the Foundation Fighting Blindness and receive an income stream for the rest of your life.
Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a simple agreement between you and the charity:
- You make an irrevocable contribution to the Foundation (our minimum donation is $10,000 and you must be at least 60 years old).
- You receive fixed annual payments for the rest of your life at an appealing rate.
- You will benefit from income and estate tax deductions and receive favorable capital gains tax treatment if applicable.
- Your gift will both benefit you now and ensure that the Foundation’s work to fight blindness continues into the future.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
Charitable Remainder Trusts are very flexible and can be customized to meet your specific financial, tax, and estate planning needs:
Charitable Remainder Unitrust (CRUT)
- A CRUT is a variable income trust that pays you a percentage of assets, with rates valued annually.
- For your donation, you receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust and savings on capital gains taxes.
- We recommend a minimum trust of $250,000.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT)
- A CRAT is a fixed income trust which pays out an amount that is determined when the trust is setup and never varies.
- This may be a good option if you are 78 years or older.
- You benefit from an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust and savings on capital gains taxes.
If you have any questions, please contact John Corneille at (877) 254- 6308. Thank you for your support.
We Are Here to Help
John Corneille, J.D.
Director of Legacy Giving
+1 (952) 582-1776